Thursday, September 04, 2008

Making a List, Checking it Twice

I woke up this morning and thought to myself "How does Santa Claus keep himself motivated? He has one big deadline once a year. For 364 days of the year, he really doesn't have much to do."

OK, seriously, like most people, I've been having a hard time getting out of bed, especially now that it's dark out when the alarm goes off. And the first thing that goes through my head is "Ugh, another day, just like the last one." But today I made a quick list of things I needed/wanted to get done for the day, and I actually felt motivated to get out of bed and go to work. Of course, I'm now working on my blog, but I've still got an agenda for the day.

The list for the day is pretty simple (hey, I though it up at 5:45 this morning, cut me some slack):
  • Configure CruiseControl to do something useful
  • Find my best three job postings and send resumes to them
  • Write up a couple business ideas (things to do if I get tired of programming)
It definitely makes it easy to get out of bed when you've got something to do, something new to learn, something new to try. Hope it helps you as well.

No comments: